Noctua announced today the launch of its third generation of the S12 120mm fan: The NF-S12A, which are mainly for the cases. Three versions are available, one of which should appeal to lovers of silence, for a relatively high price: $21,90 or €19,90.
Noctua enhances its 120mm fans series and announces three new products: the NF-S12A FLX, ULN and PWM. Without further delay here are the details of their technical characteristics:
- Speed: 1200/900/700 RPM (via adapters and ULNA LNA)
- Airflow rate: 107.5 / 83.2 / 65.8 m3/h
- Static Pressure: 1.19 / 0.73 / 0.51 mm H2O
- Noise: 17.8 / 10.7 / 7.4 dB (A)
- Speed: 800/600 RPM (via adapter LNA)
- Airflow rate: 74.3 / 57.5 m3/h
- Static pressure: 0,62 / 0,44 mm H2O
- Noise: 8.6 / 6.7 dB (A)
- Rotational Speed: 1200 RPM to 900 RPM or (via a LNA adapter) at 300 rpm (via PWM)
- Airflow rate: 107.5 / 83.2 m3/h maximum
- Static Pressure: 1.19 / 0.73 mm H2O maximum
- Noise: 17.8 / 10.7 dB (A) maximum
As you can see, the NF-S12A PWM uses exactly the same technical characteristics as FLX version, but with the ability to adjust the speed via PWM and more.The ULN, for another side, is especially designed for lovers of silence since it operates at 800 RPM with maximum noise of 8.6 dB (A) maximum, which is relatively low. Perfect to an HTPC.
Compared with the NF-P12 PWM, which is primarily intended to accompany the CPU heatsinks, the NF-S12A runs slower and quieter, while providing a greater airflow. The static pressure, as a con, is largely lower since it is only 1.19 mm H2O maximum against 1.68 mm H2O of its big brother. A logical situation given the orientation of each.
As always, it will be the first test to get a clearer picture of performance and thus determine whether the asking price for each model is not excessive: $21,90. The warranty service is six years, and Noctua announces immediate availability.
Finally, here is a video presentation: