Mushkin makes a breakthrough in capacity of the mSATA SSDs, especially for ultra compact devices, ultra thin and ultrabooks, with this unit that reaches 480GB capacity, surpassing the 256 GB maximum reaching these units until now.
The new Mushkin unit of the Atlas family is based on a LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller, SATA III 6.0 Gbps connection has among other features that can be seen in the following summary:
- SandForce SF-2281 SSD processor with unthrottled IOPS
- SATA III (6 Gb/s) interface
- Supports ATA APM, Security Set, NCQ
- TRIM support (OS/driver support required)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Built-in BCH ECC (Up to 55 bits correctable per 512 byte sector)
- High speed MLC NAND
- MO-300 (mSATA) form factor (50.80 x 29.85 x 4.85 mm)
- Mini PCIe Interface
- User-upgradeable firmware
- RoHS, FCC, CE
- 3-year limited warranty
So far, the Mushkin Atlas units are available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities, now they add the 480GB drive that will be available in mid-January 2013 at a price of $499.99.