Mede8er announces the successor to the MED500X2 with the Mede8er ME600X3D, a new media player in the same line as the MED1000X3D with the presence of the recent Realtek RTD1186 chipset, enabling support for ISO Blu-ray 3D alongside traditional Side-by-Side and Top-and-Bottom 3D videos.
More compact than the MED1000X3D, it remains true that the two versions are identical in many respects. The MED600X3D presents support for ISO BD 2D and 3D , MKV 1080p, MKV Full HD 3D, M2TS, TS, DivX, or the Dolby True HD and DTS-HD bitstream, APE, WAV and FLAC 2.0/5.1 . No change either at the interface, dressing is simple but effective, not to mention that it display covers.
The player supports DLNA and Samba for file sharing from a PC or NAS, and provides access to some Internet services (Weather, YouTube, web radio, etc.).. We note by cons at the connections, the loss of HDD rack and USB 3.0. It still retains its memory card reader, HDMI, Component, Composite, Optical, RCA, Gigabit Ethernet and two USB 2.0 ports. It also has a built-in WiFi module on the WP version, that is optional for the standard version of the player.
This media player will soon be available in Europe at a price of €139, and €159 in the version with integrated WiFi module, making one of the most affordable bug free 3D player in the market.
It will be available on other regions in Q1 2013.
Mede8er MED600X3D Specs
- Processor: RDT1186 – 750Mhz – 512MB SLC Flash – 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Video Fomats Supported: AVI / BDMV Light / BDISO Light / MKV / TS / TP / TRP / M2TS / MPG / MP4 / MOV / DiVX / M4V / VOB / ISO / DAT / WMV / ASF / RM / RMVB / FLV resolution up to 720p/1080i/1080p
- 3D Video: Full 3D / Side By Side / Top & Bottom / Frame Sequential / Frame Packing.
- Audio Codec Supported: MP3 / MP2 / OGG Vorbis / PCM / LPCM / AAC / RA / Dolby True HD – DTS MA Passthrough on HDMI / AC3 – DTS 5.1 / Flac up to 24bit 192Khz / WAV / WMA Standard (DRM & Advanced Profile not Supported)
- Photo format Supported: JPEG / BMP / GIF / TIFF / PNG
- File System Supported: FAT32 / NTFS / HFS+ (MAC)
- Video Output Resolution: NTSC / PAl / 480P / 576P / 720P / 1080i / 1080p / 1080p 24Hz input
- Output: HDMI 1.4 / Component Video / Composite Video / Stereo RCA / SD / SDHC / Sony Pro Duo Card Slot / SPDIF Optical / Host USB USB 2.0 x2
- Optional WiFi: MED10WFB or MED20PCIE (Wifi is optional unless otherwise stated on the packaging)
- Contents: MED600X3D(Or MED600X3D-WP) / RC / 2x AA Batteries / AC Adapter / HDMI 1.4 Cable / AV Cable / Manual.