A quick video I uploaded to showcase the functionality of my newest PC build.
- Lian Li Case
- Asus P8Z77-M Motherboard
- Intel i5-3570k CPU @ 4.3 GHz
- Noctua Heatsink
- 8 GB G-Skill Ares DDR3 RAM
- Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti
- Corsair Force GT III SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM HDD
- ASUS Black Blu-Ray drive
- HP IR Receiver
- Media Center (Plays any file format, even Blu Rays)
- Rip Discs (Blu Ray and DVD, Decrypt, Compress options)
- Streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Twitch, etc.)
- Radio (Spotify, Pandora, Grooveshark, etc.)
- Gaming (Steam, Emulators, PC games, etc.) – Can run PCSX2 and Dolphin at Full Speed in 1080p
- Support for live TV / DVR functionality (Upcoming update, using Windows MCE)
- Remote support (All of the above can be done / initiated from a MCE compatible remote)
In a pinch, you can even use it as full fledged PC at your couch.
For those on a tighter budget, this could be a much simpler build. However, I wanted to ditch my consoles, consolidate all my older games into one system via emulators, and run both current gen and last gen emulators at full speed, among other things.
Look for the how to later on!