After the Cineplay XB3, launched in 2012, HFX unveils the Cineplay XB2, a new and more affordable Mini PC running OpenELEC 3.0, a new version of the XBMC 12 Frodo Linux distribution that we wrote about recently.
Cineplay XB2 abandon the Core i3 that is reserved only for the XB3, with a low power AMD Fusion Dual Core processor, but no further details on the embedded model. It also features 4GB of RAM and a 16GB SSD.
The fanless cooling is via heatpipes that connect the processor to the walls and aluminum fins of the case. The connectivity consists of HDMI 1.4, DVI and VGA outputs, 6 analog audio outputs, four USB 2.0 ports and a 1GB Ethernet port.
The Cineplay XB2 is now available at an indicative price of €495.
- supports full HDTV resolution (1080p)
- supports ISO playback for Blu-Ray for 1:1 quality
- supports playback of MKV, MP4, MOV, AVI, DIVX and more in full 1080p HDTV
- change of refresh rate 24/50/60Hz
- supports AirPlay
- Remote Control from each iPhone, iPad or Android device
- Add-Ins are easy to install (one mouse click)
- Add-Ins for Web Viewer, Bittorrent, ROM Games, Internet TV and Internet Radio, Gmail and many more
- almost all languages supported
- HDTV (1080p) with HDMI and VGA
- 4x USB2.0
- 6 analog outputs 5.1, HD Audio via HDMI
- GB-LAN and energy saving CPU