Less than a year after the release of the Dune HD TV-301, HDI announces the arrival of a the new Dune HD TV-303D media player. There are little changes in the design, but a rather interesting characteristic of this new version is the integration of a Sigma Designs SMP8673 SoC that recently replaced the SMP8670, so, Full 3D support (excluding ISO Blu-ray 3D), with the support for MVC 3D files.
For the rest no changes, the reader is naturally compatible with most video, audio or photos files (MKV, DVD/BD ISO, M2TS, AVI, FLAC, WAV, JPG, …), the media player supports up to 192kHz/24bits sampling, plus therefore, the possibility now to play 3D SBS video, TAB, and especially the MVC 3D. For the network part, the Dune HD TV-303 works with uPnP, Samba and NFS protocols, while offering a NAS feature (SMB server, FTP) and BitTorrent. Many covers systems are also supported, including Zappiti (only certified resellers), and the player is controlled from a iOS and Android smartphone or tablet. Finally, it has a rack for a hot-plug SATA 2.5″.
Dune HD TV-303D specifications:
- Processor: Sigma Designs 8672/8673
- RAM: 512 MB
- Flash memory: 256 MB + 4 GB
- Connectors: HDMI 1.4, 2x USB 2.0 (1x rear, 1x side), composite, component, analog stereo outputs, optical S/PDIF, coaxial SPDIF, USB 3.0 slave, Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mb/s, Wi-Fi 802.11n, SD card slot (side), power input, power switch (back), LED indicator (front)
- Internal storage: Internal HDD rack with hot swap function for SATA HDD 2.5″. USB 3.0 slave interface and provided USB 3.0 (slave-host) cable allow fastest possible way of transferring data between PC and player
- Media sources: external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP RTP)
- Web Browser: Opera, WebKit
- DLNA: DLNA (1.5 or 2.0) client support
- Adobe Flash: 3.1 (Lite, standalone) supported
- DRM options: PlayReady, Verimatrix, Secure Media. Other DRM can be added by request
- Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher)
- Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
- 3D Video Support: MVC, Side-by-side, Top/Bottom
- Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC)
- Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual
- Audio codecs: AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS, MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, APE (Monkey’s Audio), WV Pack, Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, AC3, AAC
- Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray, TS, MKV)
- Hardware 3D Graphics Acceleration: OpenGL support
- Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS
- Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags, plasma TV burn-in prevention
- Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 (read-write), NTFS (read-write)
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Wi-Fi: Internal Wi-Fi (b/g/n) module
- Dune Network Playback Accelerator: special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs 864x-865x-867x platform and enabling smooth playback of any supported kind of media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
The Dune player should logically be available before the end of the year, at a price still unknown.