Motherboards combining Mini-ITX and FM2 are quite rare, including the MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 and the ASRock FM2A75M-ITX. ASRock has decided to add this new high-end oriented motherboard, not architected around the A75 chipset but the A85X: the FM2A85X-ITX.
The A85X unlocks the ability to share the 16 PCI-Express of the processor in 2×8, which is of course completely useless on the Mini-ITX format because it does not allow to include more than two PCI-E x16, but it also allows to have eight SATA 6 Gb/s instead of 6.
Note that if the A75’s motherboards of ASRock and MSI actually don’t used the 6 ports completely as they have 4 internal SATA and 1 eSATA, the FM2A85X-ITX use them completely through 7 internal ports and 1 eSATA, which will make a great NAS on condition to find a suitable case. The other difference compared with the FM2A75M-ITX is at the power stage processor which passes from 3+1 phases to 4+2 phases.
Besides that USB 3.0 is of course in the game with two rear ports and 1 internal connector for two ports, all managed by the A85X. The Gigabit network is delegated to a Realtek RTL8111 chip and audio supported by Realtek ALC892 HD Audio Codec.
- Premium Gold Caps
- Dual-Stack MOSFET
- AMD A85X Hudson D4 Chipset Supports Native 8 x SATA3, 4 x USB 3.0 Ports
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2400+(OC)
- Supports Intel® XMP 1.3/1.2 and AMD Memory Profile
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, Supports AMD Dual Graphics
- Built-in AMD Radeon HD 7000 series graphics, DX 11, PS 5.0
- Multi VGA Output: D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio
- Supports ASRock X-Boost, XFast 555, Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI, OMG, Dehumidifier, Interactive UEFI, Easy RAID Installer, On/Off Play
- Supports AMD Steady Video 2.0
- Free Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
More information at asrock.com.